Draft Profile: BioJack Bech from St. Thomas More High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Bech opted to join LSU.
In 2021 as a freshman Bech saw action in 13 games for the Tigers as he made 43 receptions for 489 yards for an average of 11.4 yards per reception, with 3 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 100.9.
As a sophomore in 2022 he played 12 games and had 16 catches for 200 yards for an average of 12.5 yards per catch, with one TD, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 92.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Escaping the jam won’t be a problem with his upper-body strength and quick hands. He’ll help as a perimeter blocker in the run game.
- He’s also a violent runner with the ball in his hands. He’s very good working outside the numbers, showing excellent ball-tracking skills, and Bech does the little things well downfield, including leaving enough room on the sideline for his quarterback to drop in a throw.
- Bech transitions quickly from receiver to runner, and he has enough speed to threaten the seam.
- He tracks the ball well downfield and consistently runs under long throws.
- Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- Bech has quick feet and good body control, allowing him to gear down and quickly get in and out of cuts. His hands are good, and he’s a creative runner after the catch with the elusiveness to slip tackles in space.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
- While Bech has the athleticism to be a catch-and-run threat, he never seemed comfortable catching, gathering, and transitioning to a runner.
- Bech lacks the twitch to create consistent separation, and despite his size and ability to track the ball downfield, he isn’t great on contested catches.
How other scouting services rate Jack Bech (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank