Draft Profile: BioOlumuyiwa Fashanu from Gonzaga High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Fashanu opted to join Penn State.
In 2021 as a freshman Fashanu saw action in 4 games and played a total of 85 snaps for the Nittany Lions. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2022 he played in 8 games and a total of 542 snaps. He conceded 6 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at left tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Effective in space and usually drops his hips to get leverage and sustain against shorter defenders.
- Has long arms and uses heavy hands effectively in pass protection, although could improve on core strength.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Has the ability to get to the second level with surprising agility when adjusting to moving defenders. Shows underrated athleticism, agility, balance, and even straight-line speed to contribute.
- He also flashes heavy hands and has the ability to knock back pass rushers. Shows a mean streak as a run blocker, doing solid work on the second level.
- Excellent quick-twitch movement off the snap in pass protection and as a run blocker.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- While understanding angles and usually maintaining good leverage, can become impatient in his set, leading to lunging and reaching, resulting in poor balance at times.
- Despite adequate foot quickness, he may struggle with choppy footwork and a tendency to set too high in pass protection, thus needing further training in patience and technique.
- Generally, there are instances where he could improve his balance, core strength, and footwork to enhance his overall performance.
How other scouting services rate Olumuyiwa Fashanu (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank